Fire Protection for Structural Steel and Mezzamine Posts.
Our unique pro-case fire protection system is a pre-formed, column encasement for the protection of structural steels against fire. It has great impact resistance provided by its tough steel case and is lined with the appropriate thickness of insulation for a given fire rating.
If you’re looking for long-lasting passive fire protection to mezzanine floors, our square column casings could be precisely what you need. These casings fit neatly around mezzanine floor support posts to allow them to withstand the extreme conditions produced by fire. Most of our column casings provide approximately 1 hour of fire protection to your mezzanine to allow your staff plenty of time to exit the building. However, our square column casings can also be manufactured to provide up to 4 hours fire protection to structural steels (FIRTO test no. TE5807).
All our fire protection systems are produced to suit the environment in which they will be installed, from food preparation areas to computer rooms and more. We typically supply column casings to warehouse mezzanines, which allow our clients to safely and efficiently increase the amount of storage space they have available. Of course, we can also supply square casings for main structural steels in other areas of your building where passive fire protection is required.
We can supply our column casings in the following finishes:
- Smooth white polyester
- Polyester powder coat
- Stainless steel
Other finishes are also available on request. Please contact us to learn more about our hard-wearing column casings.
Further information about fire protection to structural steels and mezzanine floors:
- Standard finishes are class 1 surface spread of flame when tested to BS476 part 7 1971 and class 0 building regulations 1972.
- Pre-finished column casings are manufactured with a protection film on the surface to provide protection during installation or from other trades and is stripped off on completion to reveal a perfect finish.
- The pro-case passive fire protection system is tailor made to suit the steelwork that is to be protected and casings can be of 1, 2, 3, or 4 sided configuration. The four sided casings usually comprise of a ‘U’ shaped body with the fourth face simply snapping into position, four sided casings can also be achieved by using 2 ‘L’ shape casings available upon request to make fitting next to walls easier.
- Our 1, 2, and 3 sided column casings are fixed via internal angles or external flanges. Casings can also be fixed using our ‘snap on’ internal angle.
- A pro-case column encasement has a maximum height of 4200mm in one length. For greater lengths a spigot and socket joint is employed to join casings and a maximum girth at this length is approximately 1100mm.
Click the image to download the official RV Systems brochure.